Help! Does anyone know what this is???

jimide

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Suddenly some sort of "control panel" has appeared on my S7 Edge. It works the same way as the drop down panel from Samsung, but this time it is from the bottom. I have searched all over internet to find a solution and cannot find any. The "control panel" app cannot be found in the application manager and it also shows in the lock screen if it is not hidden before the phone goes into stand-by.

The control panel looks like this, and if I press the rocket ship it launches and says "Cleaned up Memory XXXMB!":
Screenshot.jpg

Please, can anyone help me to remove this? I believe that this is also the root to the problem I have with "Screen overlay detected". The issues with "screen overlay" is not solved even if I disable all programs (that can appear on top), not even if I also disable the system apps. This means that I cannot set any permissions for any applications (such as allow Telegram to access photos etc.).

/J

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Did you install any ram booster or cleaner app? Uninstall it and never install any task killer, RAM booster or the like. They're all lying anyway.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I think the solution is just a factory reset. It sucks, you gotta back up your data, but nuking it from orbit is the only way to be sure.

jimide

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
@Alanhd: a million thanks!!! I was just about to do a factory reset. I did the same as the thread you mentioned, just uninstall the " 'Weather Forecast'-app and then it disappeared. Now I can set permissions for all my apps again!!!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Good find. I knew someone had that same problem. I checked certain keywords in the S7E, Note5 and Note7 threads and couldn't find it.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
First, scammy scamsters need to be put out of our misery. There is absolutely no reason this crap should be auto-installed with a weather app.

Also, the usual knee jerk advice to FDR never fails to annoy me. Android: we don't fix problems, we just write over them and try again...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
We need a thread to say 'Weather Radar & Forecast' app from 'Photo Editor Creative' is Malware. Kill it with fire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796