Help! Hung phone

dbeedle

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. New user here. Picked upan Epic Saturday. Unfortunaltly my first post has to be how to fix the thing. I had installed some software this morning (Batterie and Media Volume Plug-ins for Kit). Shortly after the phone crashed and went to a black screen with the LED notification light on and the virtual keys on the bottom lit. Pulling the battery lets the phone start up...it goes thorugh the Spring 4G thing, shows Galaxy S for a bit then goes to the state described above. If the think is plugged in and it is off I still get the battery charging screen.

I have tried reseting by holding the volume keys but I do not get the screens I have seen described (clear memory etc).

Any tips to get this thing back?

BTW, I have done none of the rooting or other hacking; just installed applications.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Press and hold Volume button, Camera button and Power button simultaneously for few seconds.
this will take you to recovery, from there highlight using the volume buttons wipe data/factory reset then hit the home button to select.

Reactions: dbeedle

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi all. New user here. Picked upan Epic Saturday. Unfortunaltly my first post has to be how to fix the thing. I had installed some software this morning (Batterie and Media Volume Plug-ins for Kit). Shortly after the phone crashed and went to a black screen with the LED notification light on and the virtual keys on the bottom lit. Pulling the battery lets the phone start up...it goes thorugh the Spring 4G thing, shows Galaxy S for a bit then goes to the state described above. If the think is plugged in and it is off I still get the battery charging screen.

I have tried reseting by holding the volume keys but I do not get the screens I have seen described (clear memory etc).

Any tips to get this thing back?

BTW, I have done none of the rooting or other hacking; just installed applications.

Thanks for any help!

You can get into the stock recovery mode (assuming your phone is off) by pressing and holding "volume down+camera+power".You navigate using the volume up/down buttons and make selections with your capacitive home key if I remember correctly once inside stock recovery.

From there you have some options, one is factory reset. (Note this will reset your phone, everything on your phone will be erased. Your SD CARD WILL REMAIN UNTOUCHED.)

Reactions: dbeedle

dbeedle

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Press and hold Volume button, Camera button and Power button simultaneously for few seconds.
this will take you to recovery, from there highlight using the volume buttons wipe data/factory reset then hit the home button to select.

Ah...that combination worked and got to the recovery utility. Handn't found that combination noted!

Thank-you!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Volume up+camera+power otherwise known as a soft reset. :p This also works well if you ever get hung up on the Samsung screen, instead of pulling your battery just use the soft reset.

Volume down+camera+power boot into stock recovery or ClockWorkRecovery Mod if your phone is rooted/ClockWorkRecovery installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18