help me plz

army-of-hell

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
hi guy i currently hava a lg optimus s and i did root it and had it on a cyogen mod for awhile but i saw the 2.3 update came out so i restored my phone back to 2.2 froyo but didnt unroot my phone can i update to 2.3 or will it brick my phone
have custom restore menu and rooted still

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
hi guy i currently hava a lg optimus s and i did root it and had it on a cyogen mod for awhile but i saw the 2.3 update came out so i restored my phone back to 2.2 froyo but didnt unroot my phone can i update to 2.3 or will it brick my phone
have custom restore menu and rooted still
You don't need to unroot before applying, but if you just update to ZVH, you'll have something that is not rootable. If you want to root it, follow the instructions for rooting zvh post in my signature *before* you do any updates to ZVH/2.3/GingerBread.

army-of-hell

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
i dont want to root the new update i just want to update to it..or is what your saying basically is if i update to it it will remove my rooted/custom recovory on my phone?

the_maplebar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
If you update it will remove your root permissions.

In order to update you need to put the stock recovery back on. Using a custom recovery to flash the stock update will brick your phone.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
i cant seem to get my custom recovory off my phone damit i need some help plz :(
It would be easiest to help you if you post on the ZVH rooting thread and say which step you are at and why it didn't work or at least what led you to believe it didn't work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrianBaw