Help me with HTC Thunderbolt update?

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello, this is my first post so I'll try my best at explaining my situation. I recently got my brothers old HTC Thunderbolt as a gift, when I got it I looked around and internally of what needed updates and what not. What I have found out is the Android version is outdated (I really mean outdated; still running on gingerbread 2.3.7) and it also has the Cyanogen Mod 7 as well. My question is there a way to get an update because with Cyanogen Mod 7 running in the phone it feels like the updates are not provided. Though if I need to unroot the phone to get updates or any other way that is proven to be successful, post a link of where I should go.

Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC Thunderbolt update help.

Hello, this is my first post so I'll try my best at explaining my situation. I recently got my brothers old HTC Thunderbolt as a gift, when I got it I looked around and internally of what needed updates and what not. What I have found out is the Android version is outdated (I really mean outdated; still running on gingerbread 2.3.7) and it also has the Cyanogen Mod 7 as well. My question is there a way to get an update because with Cyanogen Mod 7 running in the phone it feels like the updates are not provided. Though if I need to unroot the phone to get updates or any other way that is proven to be successful, post a link of where I should go.

Thank you :)

You'll need to restore the phone back to stock. Since you are rooted you can find a more current ROM to update to if that's an option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen