Help! my samsung s6 edge does not have google play store

Lsd00583

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Help! my samsung s6 edge does not have google play store. Can you recommend ways on how to install google play store? thanks in advance

i just bought my phone last week in china but was not able to check it before going to the philippines. It would be difficult to go back to the shop.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's actually a lot more complicated than just adding the Play Store app... From what I've seen, most phones follow this:

The EASY way:

1) Flash TWRP, a custom recovery, then flash the latest compatible GAPPs (Google Apps) package and reboot.

the hard way:

1) You have to have root access as well as read/write access to the system partition (which is not an easy task on a Samsung phone)
2) You'll need three apks : GoogleServicesFramework.apk, GoogleLoginService.apk and the latest Google Play Store apk.
3) These will need to be copied to /system/app and permissions changed correctly.. (rw-r--r--, or 644)

you then SHOULD have the Google Account listing in your settings and be able to add it in.

You might be able to find specific info by searching on how to add Google Services to a Chinese Galaxy S6 though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sirius_A