Help please did I brick?

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded EB01 super clean everything was well until I tried applying patches and didn't work as I liked at all sooooo..... tried to restore with CVM to a point right after root of phone..... That finished and tried turning phone on and it stays with the "Samsung" writing on the screen and never goes any further.

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
that happend to me last night u need to flash back to stock with odin but try the odin eb01 pkg that i didnt have last night. it wasnt yet avabile when i flashed so i had to goto dl09 first and work my way up but u need to flash back to stock

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded EB01 super clean everything was well until I tried applying patches and didn't work as I liked at all sooooo..... tried to restore with CVM to a point right after root of phone..... That finished and tried turning phone on and it stays with the "Samsung" writing on the screen and never goes any further.
I read on another thread where JaeKar99, who is much more knowledgeable than I, wrote he thought until the devs get their hands on the source code for this build, the patches may not work. And sometimes the phone will stay suck on Samsung for a few minutes on a reboot.

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
thanks all very helpful, however what i did was just go back in ordin and reload eb01 version with bloat ware and all and it loaded right up. Im gonna use this a little but if any knows why the phone signal is now so awful.... that would be great lol

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
one word: IPHONE

what????

anyway the reason you r phone wouldnt boot was because the back up was most likely a 2.1 build, it has a different kernel and a different modem. it would have booted if just the was wrong. but the kernel was wrong. your nandroid backup only backs up the rom, not the kernel or radio.

iphone sucks.

Reactions: Landshark

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
what????

anyway the reason you r phone wouldnt boot was because the back up was most likely a 2.1 build, it has a different kernel and a different modem. it would have booted if just the was wrong. but the kernel was wrong. your nandroid backup only backs up the rom, not the kernel or radio.

iphone sucks.

he said his signal was awful and so was mine today i was assuming that it was the iphone being released and how every one rushed to get it

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
what????

iphone sucks.

You have been such a great help man, you droidxcon and everyone else, really appreciated, i didn't think yall would help a noob so much. Now my backup is with 2.1 build so in the future what do I have to do to make the back up work, as I am still playing with the froyo and EB01, I want to be able to restore if anything happens to my working 2.1 DL09, EA28.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
You have been such a great help man, you droidxcon and everyone else, really appreciated, i didn't think yall would help a noob so much. Now my backup is with 2.1 build so in the future what do I have to do to make the back up work, as I am still playing with the froyo and EB01, I want to be able to restore if anything happens to my working 2.1 DL09, EA28.

you are welcome :) .......in order to use that backup you would need to flash back to DL09 then install clockwork again and restore from clockwork. there are odin files for stock DL09

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
okay but if my phone was temporaily "bricked" and i couldn't get it on, the only i could do is get to the download screen and load the odin but i wouldn't be able to put the files on the sd card though because I wouldn't be able to get the phone on. Does odin have files for the whole thing like that, were i would just upload it on and my phone would start up? Just want to make a solid working restore and I am list lost in doing it lol.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
okay but if my phone was temporaily "bricked" and i couldn't get it on, the only i could do is get to the download screen and load the odin but i wouldn't be able to put the files on the sd card though because I wouldn't be able to get the phone on. Does odin have files for the whole thing like that, were i would just upload it on and my phone would start up? Just want to make a solid working restore and I am list lost in doing it lol.

yeah you could pull the card out flash odin and it would just start up