Help. Recieved nook edition instead

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just got my tablet in today. After much research I decided to get the S2 8 inch tablet but for some strange reason I got the nook edition.
Can anyone tell me if this is a watered down version of the S2 tablet? Should I keep it or not? Does the NOOK edition have all the same specs just with nook software added? Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, it's a nook, not an S2. I'd contact the seller and get an exchange (at their cost for shipping both - you shouldn't have to pay for shipping again).

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As I recall there is some differences between the standard and Nook version. I can't remember what the difference is exactly. I think it would go for the S2 though.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Just got my tablet in today. After much research I decided to get the S2 8 inch tablet but for some strange reason I got the nook edition.
Can anyone tell me if this is a watered down version of the S2 tablet? Should I keep it or not? Does the NOOK edition have all the same specs just with nook software added? Thanks.

It's the same only the NOOK version has Barnes & Noble's overlay on the launcher. Install the launcher of your choice (you were going to do that anyway weren't you?) and it will look, work and feel like any other Tab S2.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
No, it's a nook, not an S2. I'd contact the seller and get an exchange (at their cost for shipping both - you shouldn't have to pay for shipping again).

Not true. I have a Tab S2 Nook. It is indentical hardware wise. The difference is the OS has B&N software integrated into it.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
It's the same only the NOOK version has Barnes & Noble's overlay on the launcher. Install the launcher of your choice (you were going to do that anyway weren't you?) and it will look, work and feel like any other Tab S2.
Or you can use as is. In either case you have a good tablet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835