HELP! Should I get HTC One M8 or Nexus 6?

Julio Cardozo

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the market of getting a brand new phone. I need help deciding whether I want to get the HTC One M8, or Nexus 6. Help please

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the market of getting a brand new phone. Not whether I want to get the HTC One M8, or Nexus 6. Help please

Posted via the Android Central App

You need to rephrase your question. If you're asking whether you should get the M8 or Nexus 6, well that's a no brainer. Nexus 6 is a much better and newer phone.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
N6 all the way unless the bigger screen bothers you. HTC makes great phones but their skinned OS is a memory hog. So HTC with root and custom ROM would be great or just Nexus6 right out of the box. And it will support Android M. No one knows if M8 will get Android M.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Okay...as a former owner of a HTC M8, I have to say that the HTC M8 is a Great phone. It has a great screen and great stereo speakers.

But, in my opinion, owning a Nexus 6, the Nexus 6 is a much better phone. The Nexus 6 has a better screen than the HTC M8 and stereo speakers that are every as bit as good as the HTC M8.

Also, the Nexus 6 is a lot more responsive and snapper than HTC M8.

So in my personal opinion I would go with the Nexus 6.

So personally,

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Another thing to consider is the costs...are you able to find the M8 at a significantly lower costs than the Nexus 6? The Nexus 6 is a good phone, and I'm sure you'll like it. But you also need to consider costs, unless that's a mute point. Then I'd suggest the Nexus 6.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Looks like zero votes for M8. I'll cast mine for Nexus 6 as well. Amazing phone. Get the white version if finger prints bother you.

Bigleftyinaz

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm 99% happy with my choice on getting the nexus. I previously owned the m7 and after reading reviews about m9 , the m9 wasn't significantly better the what I had .bought nexus and haven't looked back after fixing photo gallery issue I was having .

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Looks like zero votes for M8. I'll cast mine for Nexus 6 as well. Amazing phone. Get the white version if finger prints bother you.

Well, it IS a Nexus 6 forum. :)

As someone mentioned, it all boils down to screen. If you can deal with the size of the N6, get it. It is superior in pretty much every aspect, even the speakers can hold their own against the Boomsound units in the M8.