Help! Need Rugged smartphone recommendations.

samileo311

Jan 20, 2022
Visit site
Hi everyone

please suggest to me the best-rugged smartphone with advanced features and quality.

waiting for your professional advice.

thanks

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Another vote for Nokia XR20, I have one and it's pretty rugged. It gets 4 years of security updates and 3 years of OS updates. The only thing that they should have done is use a faster processor. Other than that, it's a good everyday phone. It's meant to last at least 4 years. Good luck

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that they should have done is use a faster processor.

Such is the case with most, if not all rugged themed phones. It's a niche market to begin with, so they have to make tradeoffs to keep them price competitive. You won't get the latest and greatest of everything in addition to the added protection.

If the OP wants top end specs plus extra durability, I suggest getting the phone with the specs they want, then a protective case for impact protection.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd avoid Doogee. They're maybe a step above the terrible no-name "Welcome" phones from Wish, but support will be minimal from the manufacturer.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

kingmoe

Feb 29, 2024
Visit site
ok so this thread is a lil older now but does anyone have input on this...iv been looking at the rugged phones with big batteries but so far cant find one compatible with verizon...tia

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
ok so this thread is a lil older now but does anyone have input on this...iv been looking at the rugged phones with big batteries but so far cant find one compatible with verizon...tia
Welcome to AC!
I would look at like Samsung s23/s24 series , Google pixels 8pro and put a rugged case on it ?

kingmoe

Feb 29, 2024
Visit site
Hmm that's tough besides the ones mentioned earlier on in the thread and not sure they work with Verizon
iv been lookin for a couple days and sofar the only one iv found that definitely works on vzw is the unihertz tank...the tank3 has 5g but is super fat...the tank 2 is thinner but only 4g but bein as i live in a rural area idk if id really miss the 5g

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Another option would be see if there there's a case with a built in battery pack that fits a phone you'd want. They aren't super popular, so your options will be limited. It'll also make your phone bulky, as will any large battery. If that's a problem, then you'll need to decide which is more important. You can't fit a giant battery into a slim phone.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan