Help- What's so great about Gingerbread???

cridley66

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I am seeing a lot ofo complaints and now celebrations since the latest news from HTC came out about the Thunderbolt getting Gingerbread in Sept.

What I'm not seeing is the benefits of Gingerbread. can someone help me understand why all the fuss for gingerbread and what are the benifits?

I know some of you are going to think that I am a dumb-ass for asking this, so now that we have established that fact, can someone please help me understand what the benifits are of Gingerbread?

Thank you in advance....

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am seeing a lot ofo complaints and now celebrations since the latest news from HTC came out about the Thunderbolt getting Gingerbread in Sept.

What I'm not seeing is the benefits of Gingerbread. can someone help me understand why all the fuss for gingerbread and what are the benifits?

I know some of you are going to think that I am a dumb-ass for asking this, so now that we have established that fact, can someone please help me understand what the benifits are of Gingerbread?

Thank you in advance....

Don't feel dumb. I was just asking a similar question in another thread.
I know when my Droid X got its GB update it was like a totally new phone inside and out.
I don't know how much was motoblur and how much was actually GB.
Other than the numerous bugs, dropped calls, and reboots (which I eventually couldn't take any more), it was really an upgrade.
From what I'm reading on other posts, it appears that you may not even notice the update happened.
That would be a shame cause I really like the way Sense 3.0 and better yet 3.5 look.

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Advantage # 1 - A very very very special text message meant for your gal pal wont end up going to her mom.... or worst... your mom....

That's a MAJOR bug in Froyo...

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Advantage # 1 - A very very very special text message meant for your gal pal wont end up going to her mom.... or worst... your mom....

Damn...I'm glad that hasn't happened to me yet!
Thanks for the heads up!
I'll be very careful what I text from now on.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

LOL!!! That, my friend...is so funny but very true! Lol. I'm rooted but my wife is not. With GB, skype with video (not upside down) is the only plus for us.

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Im pretty new to Android and Gingerbread is the only version I've ever used. When I started using it, I did have a good amount of random reboots. Ever since rooting and installing a different ROM, I havent had any issues with my phone.

cridley66

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Come on - FOCUS People...

I really want to know why people complained so much abut not getting Gingerbread. Now that it's coming, what am I getting?????

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I really want to know why people complained so much abut not getting Gingerbread. Now that it's coming, what am I getting?????

GB is really just well polished Froyo. It will mostly look them same, but feel faster. The front facing camera will work in App like Skype. Some changes in settings menu and security enhancements under the hood. Changes in radio support that make more sense running multiple radios. GB is what Froyo should have been.

cridley66

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
GB is really just well polished Froyo. It will mostly look them same, but feel faster. The front facing camera will work in App like Skype. Some changes in settings menu and security enhancements under the hood. Changes in radio support that make more sense running multiple radios. GB is what Froyo should have been.

Thank you...

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

I am hoping mainly for a little better battery life. For 2012 and beyond, the company that starts putting in stock batteries that last a full day with heavy use on their smart phones will rule the day.

CMRobinson

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

Think of it as upgrading the wires and spark plugs and air filter in your car. You might not see the difference on the outside, but when you start to use your car you can tell it's smoother, faster, more efficient.....That's what Gingerbread is, an advancement in the programming of your phone that allows for better management of the resources and battery of your phone.

hillsmi

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping mainly for a little better battery life. For 2012 and beyond, the company that starts putting in stock batteries that last a full day with heavy use on their smart phones will rule the day.

I've installed the aftermarket 3500mAh battery, and turned off the 4G (since there is no 4G yet in my area); I went from charging once or twice a day, to now charging every 2-1/2 - 3 days.

Turning off the 4G receiver if you're not in a 4G supported area will make a world of difference in your battery life, even if you only have the stock battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiviwin68