Help with permission error.

LiamHing

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a rooted note 3 running a custom ROM called Sweet (I think) my issue is I have an issue where apps can't write to the internal storage.

I've searched around and people mentioned adding a line to platform.xml, I done this but there's no difference.

Any ideas?

Also, the app BlockLauncher can't run scripts due to Knox, is there anyway around this?

I posted in XDA but they don't seem to care unless you're a dev!

Thanks.

LiamHing

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
4.4.2 KitKit, and I was simply trying to rename a file within /sdcard/Download, but no Apps will do it.

I don't have an SDCard in just internal storage, so the external_write suggestion I've seen doesn't apply, right?

LiamHing

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure it did, I'm pretty new to Android (recently switched from iOS) so I'm still getting to grips with rooting.

I don't think it let me after installing the ROM, but as far I can remember it did work before.

I've finally got everything set up perfect, looks like I'll be switching ROMS.

LiamHing

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I just installed a completely different ROM and still getting the same problem :-( nothing can write to storage/emulated/0/

Is stock firmware for BTU Note 3 4.4.2 available anywhere? UK version that is.

Last edited:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I just installed a completely different ROM and still getting the same problem :-( nothing can write to storage/emulated/0/

Is stock firmware for BTU Note 3 4.4.2 available anywhere? UK version that is.
What is the model number of your note? Do you want to go back to stock?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Comviq