Help with Recovery

Matthew Barresi

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a Gs4 and it is rooted (if that matters) but on Thursday the 26th i deleted some videos that are Crucial to a project i'm working on, is here anything i can do or any program I can run to retrieve them. They were videos taken on my phone and deleted from my gallery section. i tried to upload them to Google drive and thought they had made it; that's why I deleted them. Unfortunately they didn't make it, only corrupted files did. i really need help with this, i can provide more details if needed.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If they were on internal storage (there's no "gallery section" - Gallery displays whatever is on th phone, internal and external), you can install the paid version of DiskDigger. (You may overwrite one or more deleted files when you do.) It should recover any files that weren't overwritten since you deleted them.

Of you can look at munky-tool and do the same things through adb without risking overwriting anything. (Don't create the image file on internal storage - create it on the SD card. A discussion about the script is at munky-tool thread.

If they were on the external card, just put the card into a card reader, plug it into a PC (Linux, MacOS or Windows) and run PhotoRec on it. If there's a file on the card, PhotoRec will recover it, whether it's deleted or not. (Unless you tell it to recover files only from unused space which, while saving time, may miss some files.)

If you use munky-tool, you'll have an image of the data partition of the phone, and you can use PhotoRec on that image to recover files. (Read the iPhone section at the site. The way of creating the image is different, but once you have the image file the recovery is the same.)

Matthew Barresi

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I tired the diskdigger pro version and it only recovered vines, gigs and instagram videos that I had watched in the last week or so. It didn't recover any videos I had ever taken on my phone, maybe their too large, they were in the mid to high. hundreds of megabytes. If you think murky - tool or any suggestions would help I will try itthenut I'd need you to simplify the instructions haha because you lost me. I'm a novice at this stuff. Thanks