Help with rooting and installing CyanogenMod on htc aria

alecpierre

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay I KNOW there has been a lot of post on this but I'm new to rooting and custom roms and its just truely overwhelming with all this information and tutorials and different ways to do it that im having like a system overload. I've decided I want to root and install a CyanogenMod rom on my htc aria. So can someone with an htc aria and has successfully rooted and install a custom rom link me to a clear and concise tutorial where they learned how to do it? Also which version of CyanogenMod would you suggest? I want something super stable and I dont really care to adventure to the roms that have gingerbread unless its pretty much 100% stable and everything works.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Note that if you've accepted the latest OTA there is no way to root :/

I wasn't aware there was an OTA for the AT&T version recently. I know the Froyo update on the international one changed the HBOOT, but I didn't think that made it to the US version yet.

OP: Can you check what number your HBOOT is? (Volume down+Power when powered off).

Reactions: Jerry Hildenbrand

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't aware there was an OTA for the AT&T version recently. I know the Froyo update on the international one changed the HBOOT, but I didn't think that made it to the US version yet.

OP: Can you check what number your HBOOT is? (Volume down+Power when powered off).

You are just the man I'm looking for then. :)

I have no Aria here, and have to rely on second and third hand info. I was under the impression that the last OTA upgraded Hboot to 1.0.2 and made it unrootable.

If I'm wrong, I'm happy about it lol. If I am wrong, and it sounds like I am, feel like writing up a "how-to root the Aria for dummies" post? I'll get it stickeyed up.

The Aria section needs a shepherd :)

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't have one anymore. I meant to write something up, but when I broke my LCD I decided it was time to switch. I'd be happy to write it up though.

I'm not entirely sure about the OTA, since I was on Cyanogen since September, but I've only seen that issue on international versions. Maybe AT&T's meddling isn't all bad lol.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't have one anymore. I meant to write something up, but when I broke my LCD I decided it was time to switch. I'd be happy to write it up though.

I'm not entirely sure about the OTA, since I was on Cyanogen since September, but I've only seen that issue on international versions. Maybe AT&T's meddling isn't all bad lol.

arrrghghhg.. lol.

Thanks, but I won't ask you to field questions for a phone you no longer have. That's just not fair.

If you know anyone from your Aria days who may be interested...point them my way :)

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Haha, I wish I still had one. I don't know of anyone who could do that (if anyone sees this, feel free to speak up). I'm willing to write something up and help out the best I can, and maybe someone will step up then.

BTW, it seems the HBOOT in question is 1.02.000. That came from an international version. If anyone in the U.S has this HBOOT, please speak up.

alecpierre

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay Thanks ls377 I followed the steps and everything went smoothly. Now a problem i am facing is i cannot sync my google account. I go to settings> accounts and sync but i dont have the option to set up my google account. I digged online and saw that I should go to settings>applications>manage applications> and clear data on Google Apps but for some reason "Google Apps" is not listed anywhere can I get some help? Also my android market closes when I try to open it, is this due to me not having a google account?

--- UPDATE-----
Well I got tired of fighting with the rom to get the things working so i just flashed attn1 liberated 2.2 and couldnt me happier :)

Last edited:

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
There isn't a "Google Apps" app...Google apps include the Market, Gmail, and any of Google's apps.

Try signing into Gmail, and then see if the Market works and the account syncs. If that doesn't work (or you've already done that), go to Manage Applications>Market and clear data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayeshaer