Help with uninstalling widget

Darthbull

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
Hello. I need the community's help. I usually don't post, just read, but I've run into a problem that I can't find a solution for. I tried searching, but it doesn't seem like anyone has this problem.
I installed the GenieWidget for the News and Weather. It seems to not like my Droid and requests a force close several times a day. I want to uninstall it, but can't find a way to do it. It shows up in my Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Filter All, under News and Weather. At least I think that's it. However, it does not give me the option to uninstall like other apps. It has a "Clear Data" and "Force Stop" that's highlighted. But that's all.
Am I missing something? Is there another way to get rid of it? Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
open market / menu / downloads / look for the app / click on it / uninstall button on bottom

?? why don;t you have the uninstall option under settings / applications ???

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Just long press the widget and drag to the app drawer .. that will remove the widget. You need to run it as an app, not a widget. I believe that is a problem with running it on 2.01.

or +1 on what prometheus said .. or get QuickUninstaller from the market

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Hello. I need the community's help. I usually don't post, just read, but I've run into a problem that I can't find a solution for. I tried searching, but it doesn't seem like anyone has this problem.
I installed the GenieWidget for the News and Weather. It seems to not like my Droid and requests a force close several times a day. I want to uninstall it, but can't find a way to do it. It shows up in my Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Filter All, under News and Weather. At least I think that's it. However, it does not give me the option to uninstall like other apps. It has a "Clear Data" and "Force Stop" that's highlighted. But that's all.
Am I missing something? Is there another way to get rid of it? Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me.

skip the step where you "filter" just go (from home screen) menu / settings / applications / manage applications -- then scroll thru til you see the one you want to remove, click it and then you should have the "uninstall" option.

Reactions: sytech55

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Just long press the widget and drag to the app drawer .. that will remove the widget. You need to run it as an app, not a widget. I believe that is a problem with running it on 2.01.

or +1 on what prometheus said .. or get QuickUninstaller from the market

well, that would remove the widget -- but would it "uninstall" from the phone? I don't think so.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
open market / menu / downloads / look for the app / click on it / uninstall button on bottom

?? why don;t you have the uninstall option under settings / applications ???

I don't have the option to remove it either but if it's not their he may have to use terminal or adb to remove it will post the commands later

Darthbull

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
Thank you for all the helpful responses.

Prometheus - Unfortunately it was not something that I bought on the market. I installed it through my SD card, so it does not show up in the market downloads. It also does not show up without filtering "all"...and why it doesn't have an "uninstall" option is beyond me.

MikeB - When I run it as a widget, no problems. When I run it as an app, I get force closes. I will check out that QuickUninstaller app from the market.

thebizz - Yes, unfortunately I don't have the widget running, nor do I have the app open, but for some reason, there are calls being made to it that error out. It happens mostly when I dock the phone and it goes into "bedside mode". But I did have it error out when I was just looking at my screen in portrait mode.

Thanks again everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomeoCatcher