tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So when I receive texts the little white SMS indicator for notifications pops up for a second then goes away. I tried re doing my settings and even installing SMS pop-up to try and get it to stay in the status bar until I've read it. But no luck.
Its annoying because now I physically have to unlock and pull down the bar to see any new unread texts that I may have. How can I fix this and is anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
What rom? Did you restore any system data after you flashed?

Try clearing cache and data from settings> Apps > All > Messaging.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
What rom? Did you restore any system data after you flashed?

Try clearing cache and data from settings> Apps > All > Messaging.

I was using liquid smooth 2.5 then last night I updated to the newest build . I cleared data. And all caches before flashing like I should have. But on this from version this issue occurs. And its driving me nuts.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I was using liquid smooth 2.5 then last night I updated to the newest build . I cleared data. And all caches before flashing like I should have. But on this from version this issue occurs. And its driving me nuts.

I would try a different rom or a data wipe if it is still persisting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I would try a different rom or a data wipe if it is still persisting.

Can I dirty flash the ROM on top of itself with no issue? Or will it run into problems if I dirty flash it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running LiquidSmooth 1.4. Via tapatalk.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Can I dirty flash the ROM on top of itself with no issue? Or will it run into problems if I dirty flash it?

I wouldn't risk it in this situation where you're essentially troubleshooting.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Agree with dmmarck I'd flash something else (with a full wipe, and no system data restoring, obviously). AOKP is of course solid. I'm on the most recent CM9 nightly right now.. Its solid as well but aokp has more options and I miss it, lol. Either are a good bet tho.

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I really wanna stay with LiquidSmooth. In my opinion its better then cm7. I may just go to v1.3. I'm just not sure if it has the theme chooser that 1.4 has.
Hopefully that'll fix the notification issue.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I really wanna stay with LiquidSmooth. In my opinion its better then cm7. I may just go to v1.3. I'm just not sure if it has the theme chooser that 1.4 has.
Hopefully that'll fix the notification issue.

I don't blame ya. I only say that b/c the past couple releases by Liquid have been a bit buggier, at least compared to 1.2/1.25.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Liquid was the first rom I tried. I didn't like it. I'm running aokp now and I must say I am impressed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus by way of Tapatalk

Reactions: 2defmouze

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Liquid was the first rom I tried. I didn't like it. I'm running aokp now and I must say I am impressed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus by way of Tapatalk

I know I sound like a record player with this, but AOKP truly is the standard right now. Everyone's playing catch up, even CM, and that's a downright shock in my book.

Reactions: 2defmouze

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was running 1.2 then updated to 1.4.
Does 1.3 have theme chooser do you know? And what's the difference between 1.2/1.3/1.4 if you don't mind me asking?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was running 1.2 then updated to 1.4.
Does 1.3 have theme chooser do you know? And what's the difference between 1.2/1.3/1.4 if you don't mind me asking?

I honestly? I have no idea. I only ran 1.25, ran into a crazy reboot issue then never looked back.

The Theme Chooser is from CM9 (technically T Mobile), but I know AOKP uses. I presume Liquid kang'd it as well?

sicario is our resident Liquid expert, hopefully he sees this.

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, figured it out. Seems when I hit return to default in the liquid settings tab under status bar it reverts to the notification color to black. After changing nearly every transparency and alpha ranges I figured it out by adjusting the color to white and setting my preferred transparency.
So in this case it was no bug. Just a misunderstanding of how the defaults were set.
Thanks for the advice tho.

I actually revert back to 1.3 but in 1.3 I hit the default button again and its set up the same way. So I thought I'd just suck it up and return back to 1.4. In this case I figured it out :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running LiquidSmooth 1.4 via Tapatalk.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evo2000