Here Is The Updated (Non-Root Required) S Voice .APK

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded and installed it, it's working great! This is the new version that tricks the network into thinking you are using a Galaxy S III.

Thought I would share the link (I selected the mirror site for the full app):

Download the updated .apk for S Voice. Root not required.

Pretty sweet app, actually. I was originally confused and thought you could say, "Hi Galaxy" to launch the app (even from the lock screen), but it turns out that you have to have the app open and say, "Hi Galaxy"...which ostensibly just removes the need for you to hit the mic button every time you provide a command.

I'm on the Sprint Nexus and had zero issues with the install...enjoy!

Reactions: Schwermzilla

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
It downloaded and installed, but would not open?

Odd, since you are running ICS. Did you try visiting the link while on your phone and directly downloading that way?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Instrumentals

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I mean it's kind of cool but the novelty wore off for me already, opened some apps and sent a text message but it kept giving me all these weird things when I asked what the weather was like and plus it was for New York and im in Virginia..

either way its interesting

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Worked fine a day or two ago now I get network error, please try again. Guess Samsung really doesn't want us to test this out.

Sent via my Galaxy Nexus
60% of the time, It works every time!

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
The version number mine shows is 4.0, what version is the new one?

Sent via my Galaxy Nexus
60% of the time, It works every time!

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Not sure anymore. The previous one I tried would not install...but another one I installed is also Ver. 4.0, seems to work fine and does not display the network error.

However, something about it does not feel like the finished version that is shipping with the S III. I understand that the voice is less robotic in the new version, also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
100RNR