Here's to the Eris's durability.

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Last night while stepping out of my boss's truck my phone does out of my lap, and down about a meter onto the concrete face first. The whole lower right quadrant is shattered, but the phone still works. There is a noticible noise in phone calls but that is it. I am glad I bought the insurance. Although the deductible is 10 dollars less than I paid for it back on Nov. 6th

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Ouch, thats rough.

Not sure if you work in a rough environment or are on the go alot, but I would check out the great Otterbox case for your device :)

They make fantastic products.

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
The stupid part of it, is that I had just taken it out of the rubberized case I got at Verizon just a few minutes before to blow out the dust that builds up in it. And as far as where I work, I train dogs for a living, so it's dirty and rough.

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I actually love the way that one looks. I have a 1750 extended battery on the way, so even if it doesn't close all the way like some have reported, that thing looks like it will hold it together.

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I dropped it right on my face while in school.

Luckily, the case I have on it is a bit higher then the screen, so the screen didn't even touch the floor.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I am glad I bought the insurance. Although the deductible is 10 dollars less than I paid for it back on Nov. 6th

The only thing is that if you were trying to buy it new, unsubsidized, you'd pay $470 to Verizon right now to replace it, or maybe $250 for something used on ebay. At $7 a month and $90 deductible, so far insurance isn't a bad deal for you, then.

Ty07allstar

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
You also may want to check out the Seido Innocase II. I just ordered one of Amazon after hearing great things about it. I liked it because it had a textured feel to it unlike the one that i have now which is real smooth and not grippy at all.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
the otterbox is usually two or three separate pieces....components is another word of saying pieces. i'd like to see the otterbox disassembled. taken apart. not put together. prior to the phone being secured. au natural.

YouTube - Monty Python - Dead Parrot

Thanks for attempting to break it down for me like I am a fool. But I was more interesting in what part of the silicon skin covered by a layer of plastic that is shown in the pictures you weren't quite noticing.