Hero Browser or Dolphin Browser?

energizer1389

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I've been very happy with Htc's browser. I tested Dolphin before and didn't find a reason to switch. But with Dolphins latest updates and theme support I've now made dolphin my default browser. I'm loving it. Anyway, I would like to know ur opinion on the browsers. Wich one u preffer and why?

doublebullout

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying Dolphin now and the speed difference is very impressive. But I still have the stock browser as the default. Haven't decided yet. Is there any difference in the free Dolphin and the non-ad Dolphin?

rafa579

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I love the dolphin browser i dont really notice how much faster but it has to open more than one page at a time :D awesomeness

mikef1182

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Do you guys know how to make the search button use the Dolphone browser instead of the Hero browser? It asks me whern I use Steel, but not Dolphin.

kelcya

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
i tried dolphin browser. it seems like when i try to use the pinch zoom, i find the default browser better than dolphin.

energizer1389

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
i tried dolphin browser. it seems like when i try to use the pinch zoom, i find the default browser better than dolphin.

Pros:
Multitab is way faster and more usable than the windows on HTCs Browser
Gestures are very cool and usable
Browsing is faster
Del.icio.us integration is great to share ur bookmarks between ur sistems
Google services integration is nice
Bookmarking very easy
Theme support(download if you haven't done so)

Cons:
Cannot sort bookmarks
Pinch zoom is not as good as HTCs browser

Last edited:

troypolla

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
it should ask you when you launch Dolphin. If not go to settings/applications find the default browser, and clear defaults then go back to Dolphin and it should ask you which should be default.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
i Hate Dolphin Browser. i never had a problem with my droid until i downloaded DB 2.0. Then after download i lost all connectivity through verizons network for web use. Wifi still worked, but giving up mobile internet for pinch zoom is never worth it. and as soon as i removed the app, walla my droid is perfect again.

energizer1389

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
i Hate Dolphin Browser. i never had a problem with my droid until i downloaded DB 2.0. Then after download i lost all connectivity through verizons network for web use. Wifi still worked, but giving up mobile internet for pinch zoom is never worth it. and as soon as i removed the app, walla my droid is perfect again.
Probably a bad download. If I was u I would try again.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I tried Dolphin and Steel and didn't really care for either. I much prefer the HTC browser. I think its hard to say 1 is better than the other because all are unique and all may have features you love and features you'd love to change. It all comes down to personal preference. Kind of like with a PC, IE is better than Chrome is better than firefox is better than opera is better than .... I think you get it.

Also for those commenting in this thread about Dolphin having Multi-touch, the native HTC browser has multi-touch so that's not a big perk for us Hero or Eris users. For as much press as Google gets for not including multi-touch, i don't think HTC gets enough credit for implimenting it into their phones a la Sense UI.

ejqr5

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
One thing that Dolphin has is that you can save the cache to the sd card. I never have to think about going to the browser settings and deleting cache. I really love that.

Chiefvelo#IM

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
i just uninstalled Dolphin as recently it seems to keep the GPS 'on' even after i move way from the browser or exit. i have to disable gps to get it off. i did't find settings to disable the gps us. seems like the tab browsing is loading slow now too.
back to stock but i miss the pinch zoom for sure

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49