Hi all, from a drone flying scuba diving Android fan.

percula99

Nov 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi all, love android especially pure android nexus/pixel for the early updates through Beta program. I'm using a Pixel 32gb atm but my contract is up for renewal.
I Cant make my mind up between the google pixel 3xl or the mate 20pro.
I love the unlimited cloud storage with the pixel and the assistant comes up with some super edits from my pic's. I also use my pixel with the daydream headset for Games but mainly viewing pano pictures captured with my drone. I know I can rely on the new pixel to do more of the same but really like the look and spec's of the mate 20pro (and would love the new underwater case just released in china been a scuba diver), my wife has the p20 pro and I have been really impressed with that for photography and display.
Sorry for the long intro but ready to pull the trigger and upgrade.
I've had about the same quote for either so the financial's are not really an issue.:cool:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forums! If money doesn't matter I would go for the Pixel 3 XL. Better and cleaner software, monthly security updates and probably the best camera around.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!
I'm not familiar with either, but hear very good things about both.
But for updates and photography, my guess is, the Pixel would be your best bet.
Unless the mate takes very good pics and video, and you can get your hands on that under water case for it...
Good hunting!
And let us know what you end up getting, unboxing pictures or video would be great too!

percula99

Nov 17, 2018
Visit site
thanks for the warm welcome, I have just seen a clip on you tube showing the mate 20pro connected to a tv via usbc adaptor and acting like a desktop pc. This would be very handy for me, is this a feature and what is it called ? can pixel do this ? Many thanks again

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That is a difficult choice, for sure! However, if you're into stock Android and fast, reliable security updates, then I do recommend the Google Pixel 3.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, love android especially pure android nexus/pixel for the early updates through Beta program. I'm using a Pixel 32gb atm but my contract is up for renewal.
I Cant make my mind up between the google pixel 3xl or the mate 20pro.
I love the unlimited cloud storage with the pixel and the assistant comes up with some super edits from my pic's. I also use my pixel with the daydream headset for Games but mainly viewing pano pictures captured with my drone. I know I can rely on the new pixel to do more of the same but really like the look and spec's of the mate 20pro (and would love the new underwater case just released in china been a scuba diver), my wife has the p20 pro and I have been really impressed with that for photography and display.
Sorry for the long intro but ready to pull the trigger and upgrade.
I've had about the same quote for either so the financial's are not really an issue.:cool:
Welcome to the forums! You've just joined what I feel is the best forum on the internet. Here we have the best and FRIENDLIEST moderators, so you won't have to go through what I've been through elsewhere on the internet so long as you don't stray away from Android Central. As for who gives the best answers, Rukbat, Spookdroid, Laura Knotek and B Diddy are amongst the most knowledgeable forum members. Of course, I am also sometimes jumping around the forums helping people with small issues and other stuff like that, but the above mentioned people are regularly available and have far more resources than I do. Enjoy the forums!

About your phone:
I strongly recommend you keep that Pixel if it still works well and just overclock the CPU/GPU if needed. If your display is too dim, there is OLED-boosting software on the play store. If screen brightness and system performance are not issues, then the only reason to upgrade is a fresh battery and/or better camera.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bendytoy