Hi, I'm a total noob.

ChocoChoco

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm tired of having to look around the internet to get info about my phone or cool apps. I was told this is a good place to ask stuff so here I am :)

I'm 22, studying Modern Litterature and I like Video games, movies, books and pretty much anything considered nerdy.

I don't know what else to say so I hope I won't be too annoying with my questions.

Thanks in advance for any help I might get.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! We would be glad to help you should you have any questions. What phone do you have currently?

Posted via Android Central App

ChocoChoco

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank you!

Right now, I own a Samsung Galaxy S2.

As for my first question, my friends keep telling me about that Ingress game which is apparently "awesome", "the bestest ever", "Dope" etc...
I'd like to try it for myself but apparently you need some kind of invite? I'm a bit confused.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm tired of having to look around the internet to get info about my phone or cool apps. I was told this is a good place to ask stuff so here I am :)

I'm 22, studying Modern Litterature and I like Video games, movies, books and pretty much anything considered nerdy.

I don't know what else to say so I hope I won't be too annoying with my questions.

Thanks in advance for any help I might get.

Welcome to the forums.
Yes, for Ingress you need to be invited. Just the way they have the game set up. I think if you just go to ingress site, you can get an invite. Might take a few days, but you should get one.

ChocoChoco

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I keep hearing about how fun it is so I figured I might as well give it a go.
I rooted my phone a while ago, which was a mistake because now I'm stuck on Gingerbread because I have absolutely no idea whether it's safe or not to update it. I really don't wanna brick it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I keep hearing about how fun it is so I figured I might as well give it a go.
I rooted my phone a while ago, which was a mistake because now I'm stuck on Gingerbread because I have absolutely no idea whether it's safe or not to update it. I really don't wanna brick it.

Look up stock ROM files for your device and carrier. If you flash a stock ROM, that will be like an update.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with your device, we're here to help :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796