Question hi. trying to upgrade a fusion 5 tablet model Q102 KitKat 4.4.2

commanderchief

Aug 20, 2023
Visit site
hi. trying to upgrade a fusion 5 tablet model Q102 running KitKat 4.4.2 i was trying to upgrade to maybe something like lollipop or similar as long as it allows access to the google play store.im really struggling to find any thing relevant that has a working link to a rom and was hoping someone can help with pointing me in the right direction or giving some upgrade advice thanks

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
hi. trying to upgrade a fusion 5 tablet model Q102 running KitKat 4.4.2 i was trying to upgrade to maybe something like lollipop or similar as long as it allows access to the google play store.im really struggling to find any thing relevant that has a working link to a rom and was hoping someone can help with pointing me in the right direction or giving some upgrade advice thanks
Like many other tablets from that time, there just wasn't much in the way of an upgrade path.

Might want to check out if anyone over in the XDA Developers forum has anything for it. If it has an unlocked bootloader, and if any newer OS can even be installed on it.

I have a feeling that your options may be limited.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with joeldf -- these ancient devices, especially from off-brand manufacturers, will have virtually no chance of having custom ROMs out there based on higher versions. There are some very affordable tablets out there from better known manufacturers (besides Samsung, there's Lenovo, Nokia, OnePlus, and Walmart's onn. brand which is actually decent), so look around for a more current device. Some current or recent Lenovo tablets start at around $80.

commanderchief

Aug 20, 2023
Visit site
Like many other tablets from that time, there just wasn't much in the way of an upgrade path.

Might want to check out if anyone over in the XDA Developers forum has anything for it. If it has an unlocked bootloader, and if any newer OS can even be installed on it.

I have a feeling that your options may be limited.
thank you for the advice, I did suspect that it was to old for any kind of useful upgrade o/s but figured it was worth an ask :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter