Hidden fees

Inmartol13

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone using tmobile simple choice plan has gotten any hidden fees or is everyone's bill always the same?

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It will be a little more than they say since it'll have taxes and fees but .. Fees are charged by every carrier.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I had two Simple Choice family lines, each with 3GB of data, for $100. Every month the bill was $112.xx once all taxes were included. Only time it was more was when I was out of the country and I made a few calls at 20 cents a minute, and that month the bill was $114.xx (and the free unlimited international roaming data and text that comes with SC plans was amazing - every other one of my travel companions were fighting with staying within their data allotment, racing around trying to find wifi, etc).

I just switched to the two lines, unlimited data for $100 plan that was announced last week, not because I needed more data but because...why not? I'm curious if taxes will be different than the usual $12.xx a month, because the breakout of the charges is different. With the earlier plan, the "base" plan was $80 for two lines of shared unlimited talk and text, and then each line was charged $10. There are taxes associated with the shared charges as well as individual line taxes. With the new plan, it is one big shared baseline price of $100. If there are any differences in final post-tax price, it will probably be minimal.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
My old plan was $110 for two lines, ended up at $126.68 per month. I got my first bill today for the new $100 two lines unlimited plan.The total bill is $119.43.

So they're definitely hitting you with higher taxes/fees for whatever reason, since my bill is $10 per month lower and yet I'm being hit with $2.75 in additional fees, 16% more than my previous taxes and fees.

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
My old plan was $110 for two lines, ended up at $126.68 per month. I got my first bill today for the new $100 two lines unlimited plan.The total bill is $119.43.

So they're definitely hitting you with higher taxes/fees for whatever reason, since my bill is $10 per month lower and yet I'm being hit with $2.75 in additional fees, 16% more than my previous taxes and fees.

I'll probably call and complain because I don't think it should be that way?

Posted via Android Central App

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably call and complain because I don't think it should be that way?

Posted via Android Central App

Eh, looking at the bill a little more closely it makes sense. I may have actually been "undertaxed" in the past. Basically, the taxes on each of my lines before (with a $20 data add on and a $10 data add on) only seemed to be taxing the T-mobile fees and charges, not the data add ons. The $80 "account" fee for talk/text/throttled data on both lines was being taxed. So it looks like I was not paying sales tax or gross receipts on the $30 of data add ons while I am now.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious if taxes will be different than the usual $12.xx a month, because the breakout of the charges is different. With the earlier plan, the "base" plan was $80 for two lines of shared unlimited talk and text, and then each line was charged $10. There are taxes associated with the shared charges as well as individual line taxes. With the new plan, it is one big shared baseline price of $100. If there are any differences in final post-tax price, it will probably be minimal.

Got my first bill with this new plan. It is $2 higher than my previous bills, due to differences in taxes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randal