Hide AC News from Unanswered threads?

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Is there an option to hide AC News from the Unanswered threads section? I'm looking for threads I might be able to help in, but the AC News threads just clutter it up.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried blocking the account? Not sure if that's possible... I would think that from a business perspective, the forums only really exist to push people to the blog.

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Have you tried blocking the account? Not sure if that's possible... I would think that from a business perspective, the forums only really exist to push people to the blog.
Unfortunately there is no "Ignore" button like there is for other accounts. Probably because it has the "Staff member" role.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I would also throw my vote in for some way to hide the "news" posts. There really hasn't been anything I would call newsworthy posted from it, as it often seems to be advertisements disguised as pseudo-news. If I want to see that stuff, I'll seek it out on my own.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I would also throw my vote in for some way to hide the "news" posts. There really hasn't been anything I would call newsworthy posted from it, as it often seems to be advertisements disguised as pseudo-news. If I want to see that stuff, I'll seek it out on my own.
I agree. I haven't bothered with the AC (advertising) blogs in years now.

Reactions: mustang7757

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
It's usually, also about 3 days after I've heard about it numerous times.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately there is no "Ignore" button like there is for other accounts. Probably because it has the "Staff member" role.
I tried this via the forums app and you are exactly right. I do have an option to ignore if I view the account profile, but trying to use it gives a toast notification that I can't ignore staff accounts.

I get not being able to ignore admins and moderators that serve a functional staff role on a forum. I wouldn't consider an account that only posts "news" articles to be a functional staff role. Informative to some people, sure, but it's not providing notices and moderation functions that users must be able to see.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Try opening the links in those threads. I believe that this thread was about the Pixel Tablet, but I quickly got lost among the aggressive ads. Under no circumstances would I try to read such an article, but presumably, there are people who think that I would.

IMG_8200.jpeg

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Erm... Maybe not. The posts still show on my timeline feed after ignoring the account, but now the posts have a spoiler notice instead of the body of the post. This is from the AC Forums app.
Screenshots_2023-05-17-09-42-09.jpgScreenshots_2023-05-17-09-42-18.jpg