High disk activity after turning on wifi or mobile data

fgabor

Jan 18, 2019
Visit site
Hi!
After turning on wifi or mobile data, the phone slows down, apps don't reply. With Simple System Monitor, I've checked the parameters, and while this happens, disk activity is 100% read and 100% write, for a few minutes. Why can this happen? What app does this? Turning on wifi and mobile data permanently is not an option.
Thanks!

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Hi!
After turning on wifi or mobile data, the phone slows down, apps don't reply. With Simple System Monitor, I've checked the parameters, and while this happens, disk activity is 100% read and 100% write, for a few minutes. Why can this happen? What app does this? Turning on wifi and mobile data permanently is not an option.
Thanks!
Can you check where your wifi connected? It would be interesting if your Huawei was 'phoning home'.
Do you have playstore auto update on? Have you looked to see if that is it?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If this only happens for a few minutes after gaining internet access, I think it's just all the net related apps syncing up and checking for updates. Email, Google Play, weather apps, messengers, etc.

fgabor

Jan 18, 2019
Visit site
Yes, it's happening for a few minutes, but in that period, the phone is ununseable. A few days ago, after turning on wifi, and pressing the side button, after a few secs, a popup box displayed: "system is not responding, do you want to wait or shut down?", or something similar.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Hi!
Thanks!
Uninstall Simple System Monitor and any other battery saver, crap, and system monitor apps you have. Clear your cache partition and reboot. Check your battery stats in the Settings, battery usage. This shouldn't be that hard to pinpoint.

fgabor

Jan 18, 2019
Visit site
Playstore auto update turning off not solved, uninstalled Simple System Monitor. No other softwares to uninstall, now rebooting. I'll be back after few day testing.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tracyak52210