Home screen lag, worse battery life with Pixel XL

LVracerGT

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the OG Pixel XL and ever since I updated to Pie OTA I randomly will get really bad lag swiping back and forth between my two home screens and the only way to get it to stop is to reboot the phone. I never experienced this before updating from Oreo. My battery life also seems to be much worse. I've received one patch OTA since and it still happens from time to time. I have not done a factory reset yet. Is anyone else having these same issues? I like the update overall and my battery still lasts me all day easily, the lag is pretty annoying though.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
When I updated from Oreo to Pie I noticed some odd things as well. I planned on factory resetting after the Pie upgrade, and that's what I did. It made a world of difference.....my og pixel is working like new on Pie ;-)

MisterRx

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
I cannot keep settings saved on Bluetooth.. Not that it matters because I can rarely even use bluetooth any longer since upgrading to Pie on OG Pixel XL 128GB.. I have done 2 factory resets and started from scratch adding one app at a time. Lag is unbelievable.. Battery life is about the same with about 3 to 4 hours if I am talking on the phone and using it like a phone should be

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick