Home screen redraw/Low memory since Lollipop update

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Have any of you noticed since the Lollipop update that if you spend some time in an app and then return to the home screen, it needs a second or two to redraw everything? It's like the phone isn't keeping the home screen in its memory.

The same for actual apps, too. Every single time I return to Chrome, it needs to reload the page. Or if I open, say Gmail, it's not as quick to open and needs an extra second or two to load up.

Anyone seeing this since Lollipop? I was using Nova Launcher and switch to the stock Google Now launcher thinking it would solve the problem, but no dice.

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Have you wiped the cache partition after the update?

Using Nova if you check the "aggressive desktop" option it could reduce redraws.

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This is happening to me as well. I've tried a factory reset and I wiped cache. Ultimately the redraws keep coming back. A reboot seems to temporarily solve the problem.

What version of lollipop do you have? I'm on 22.11.6.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm on 22.21.11, the Verizon build.

I have not tried wiping cache partition. I guess it's worth a shot...how would I go about doing that?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Have you wiped the cache partition after the update?

Using Nova if you check the "aggressive desktop" option it could reduce redraws.

Are you having any issues like I am since doing a cache wipe?

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Have any of you noticed since the Lollipop update that if you spend some time in an app and then return to the home screen, it needs a second or two to redraw everything? It's like the phone isn't keeping the home screen in its memory.

The same for actual apps, too. Every single time I return to Chrome, it needs to reload the page. Or if I open, say Gmail, it's not as quick to open and needs an extra second or two to load up.

Anyone seeing this since Lollipop? I was using Nova Launcher and switch to the stock Google Now launcher thinking it would solve the problem, but no dice.

My nexus 7 does the same thing. I haven't investigated it since it doesn't bother me too much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge