Home Screen Widgets Not Holding Settings After Reboot

yozhik83

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the Weather Widget from Android Apps, and the CalWidget. Neither of them will hold their settings after a reboot and I have reset all of my preferences. I'm thinking that these apps weren't originally designed for the Hero. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
You're correct. The Hero, Eris and Tattoo have their own framework that runs on top of the standard Android framework. Many screen widgets will blank out when Sense is reset. Some widgets have a Hero compatibility mode that helps sometimes. It takes a little bit of extra coding to make a widget Sense friendly, and to be fair most developers don't have every phone at their disposal. IMO if the app or widget is good enough for me to keep it more than a day, it's good enough to bother with entering the settings if and when I have to reboot.

Koxx

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it's an headhache to handle this custom Sprint ROM (European version doesn't have this strange behaviour)...
and it's nearly impossible to handle it cleanly in widget applications.

I had a lot of work to handle it in 'Pure' widgets :(

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it's an headhache to handle this custom Sprint ROM (European version doesn't have this strange behaviour)...
and it's nearly impossible to handle it cleanly in widget applications.

I had a lot of work to handle it in 'Pure' widgets :(

Yes but we <3 you for it! The Pure widgets are the best!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiny_2084