Honor 8 camera vs LG G4

t_ral00

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have real world experience with the Honor 8 camera vs the LG G4 camera? Especially in low light or fast moving scenes?

The G4 is a great phone but have had the dreaded bootloop multiple times which required warranty service. Being without a good phone during the repair time is very annoying so I'm looking to switch.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have and use both phones currently.
Many might disagree, yet I like the G4 camera quite a bit.
It's my go to camera when I want really good pictures or video.

I also enjoy the honor dual lens camera.
The honor camera is a lot of fun to use.
I'm still exploring it's features and I've had the honor for about 3 months now.

The honor camera will in no way disappoint any camera buff who likes features and options.
I can recommend the honor 8 wholeheartedly for picture taking in just about any light situation.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
All I can say is that the honor 8 camera has made me want to take more photos. It's such a joy that I look out for things to take photos of!
The manual options in pro mode are fantastic to mess around with and simple enough to not put off beginners.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have real world experience with the Honor 8 camera vs the LG G4 camera? Especially in low light or fast moving scenes?

The G4 is a great phone but have had the dreaded bootloop multiple times which required warranty service. Being without a good phone during the repair time is very annoying so I'm looking to switch.

If we look at it from a technical point of view, the Honor 8 has a Dual 12 MP sensor with a f/2.2 aperture. Which should be fairly decent with low light photos. and since it has a 12mp sensor, the resolution is also quite good for cropping and zooming :)

If we look at the LG G4. it has a 16 MP sensor with a f/1.8 aperture. So this means, your low light photos will be a fair bit better just simply because it can let more light in.

I would say yes the LG G4 might have a better camera in specs but when looking at the Honor 8 and the price you paying. You getting great value. I would give the Honor 8 a try. Its solidly build and i think you will be fairly impressed :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
With low light and motion, the LG g4 takes a LONG time to take a picture. We are talking see several seconds here. Now if you want low light stills or well lighted motion shots then you would be OK.

I have used both, though not concurrently, and both cameras are great though from what I recall, the g4 is a little brighter in low light situations.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've heard very good things about both cameras. Honor seemed to focus on camera improvements with this iteration, so I'm sure it will be good. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692