Hope we get a update to make this battery better....

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I got the T-Mobile S22 Ultra and i am at 74% with only 1hr 56m of screen on time and to me that is pretty bad considering this phone has a bigger battery 5000mah than my old phone 4100mah so im kinda disappointed so far. I have these battery settings turned on even to help like adaptive battery,processing speed on optimized,a bunch of unused apps put to sleep, and i even disabled some apps that are really not necessary to me. Screen time out at 30 seconds,dark mode always on,both my wallpapers for home and lock screen are dark. I also dont use any fast charging or super charging just normal charging using the samsung 45w charger i got with it.

Any advice? I had this phone for 5 days now and also would like to add my wifi is on all the time and i use wifi mostly for data but still it was the same way on my old phone which was a s10 plus and it did better throughout the day.

Last edited:

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Haven't been paying attention to screen on time, but my phone goes from 330am to around 10pm with about 25% left. I consider that to be decent. My fold 3 required at least one or 2 charges to make it.

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I got the T-Mobile S22 Ultra and i am at 74% with only 1hr 56m of screen on time and to me that is pretty bad considering this phone has a bigger battery 5000mah than my old phone 4100mah so im kinda disappointed so far. I have these battery settings turned on even to help like adaptive battery,processing speed on optimized,a bunch of unused apps put to sleep, and i even disabled some apps that are really not necessary to me. Screen time out at 30 seconds,dark mode always on,both my wallpapers for home and lock screen are dark. I also dont use any fast charging or super charging just normal charging using the samsung 45w charger i got with it.

Any advice?
No device,but I'm hoping the same.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I never understand why people judge the battery in the 1st week knowing that it takes that amount of time to learn how you use your phone and make adjustments based on your use pattern. It's called adaptive battery for a reason. Just use your phone enjoy it and make a decision before your 14 days are up if you don't feel it fits your needs.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It's standby time I'd be more concerned about. That can really affect the effectiveness of the overall daily battery life.

If i'm on my phone so much I kill the battery? It's probably time to take a break lol.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I've had the S22U since launch day (Feb 22 here in Canada anyway), and the battery life is an easy 2 days, very similar if not slightly better than the S21U I replaced. Overnight I lose 2-3%. The phone needs time to learn what apps you do/don't use as well, so give it a couple of days if it's brand new. My typical usage is very much on the productivity side (hundreds of texts/group chat messages, calls, internet browsing, reddit, news, emails, photos, music, podcasts, etc.). No games, minimal video recording, and minimal YT/Netflix. I end a typical day with 65% battery left which is really excellent in my opinion (charged to 100% just to test). I am using the phone in the highest screen resolution mode, auto brightness, WiFi and BT on all the time.

I also do the following:

- Dark mode (I prefer it anyway, and OLED screens use zero power to display black pixels. White colors use the most power)
- Limit background refreshing AND data usage in the individual settings for each app that I wish to restrict (basically all social media and anything else that likes to constantly wake the phone and do things in the background)
- Let the phone put unused apps in a deep sleep
- I do not use the always-on display

Also, treat your battery well:
- Never let it get to zero charge or remain at a very low charge, especially for long periods of time, and especially not if it's really cold
- Never let your battery get exposed to very hot or very cold temperatures. If you go outside in the winter for example, keep it in an insulated pocket or a pocket near you body heat.
- Try not to leave it charging overnight unless you have "battery protection" enabled in the settings which treats 85% as maximum charge - the longer your battery stays at 100%, the more it harms long term capacity
- The best thing you can do for your battery is keep it between roughly 40-60%, charging frequently via wireless charger or whatever is convenient for you rather than 5%-100% sweeps every day or two. That isn't always convenient, but do what you can if it's easy for you.
- Use slower charging methods when convenient (faster charging = more heat = faster battery degradation.) Even if you use a fast charger for maximum speed, the phone will not charge at 45W the entire time regardless, for this exact reason.

If you replace your phone annually, the above doesn't really matter too much, but if you keep your phone for 3-5 years, you can have a huge impact on how long that battery lasts you if you are willing to put in a tiny bit of effort. These rules apply to most Lithium batteries in most consumer goods like drones, power tools, phones, etc.

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the phone for 7 days now and learning patterns for the battery already finished like 2 days ago. I am wondering if its because i have the edge lighting style feature on for every message i get causing the keyboard to consume the most battery?

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I had the phone for 7 days now and learning patterns for the battery already finished like 2 days ago. I am wondering if its because i have the edge lighting style feature on for every message i get causing the keyboard to consume the most battery?

All I can add here is I also use the edge lighting feature for every message, and maybe I just get less messages than you do, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on my battery life whatsoever. The boarder of an OLED display lighting up for 1 second every now and then does not use an appreciable amount of power.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm averaging about 5+ hours of SoT. I would try switching keyboards and see if that helps a little. Pretty sure your keyboard should not be on that list. I've never had a keyboard show up on my battery usage list.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Mine takes me from 5am to 9pm with around 40% to 30% left in the tank.

Obviously this is from my own personal usage habits and set ups on the phone.

As a rule of thumb this ticks my wants and need boxes.

I also pay little attention to Screen on Times etc. Subjective and all that.

I turn off the Battrry % sign in the phone's status bar and just enjoy what it does for me.

I carry a powerbank because my secondary phone is the Fold³, however I've not had to use it for the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781