Hopped off the GNex train for a rezound.

Crazy_Jim

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, guys I hate to say it but I'm done with the GNex. I use the phone for work and got tired of.dropping data EVERYWHERE. 4G was a pipe dream, let alone solid 3g. Sadly, this.is the phone I decided to try out as my first Android experience coming from an iPhone. Being fed up with iTunes I jumped ship, I figured Google's flagship phone was the one to try. I was sadly mistaken. I didn't have the huge amounts of problems that some of you had, but even after flashing 4.0.4 I had terrible signal. I, like many got tires of waiting for an update. When I went to the Verizon store to get a full size sim, the guy said a LOT of people have been leaving the nexus.

Now that I'm on the rezound I couldn't be happier! I flashed ICS to the phone and use Nova launcher to mimic the look and feel of my GNex. However, this thing is in 4G EVERYWHERE! I also have incredible battery life, but that's to be expected with a smaller LCD screen. All in all I'm happy, and I still have my GNex. So if push comes to shove, when the update FINALLY comes out, if things seem to be going smoothly I may give it another shot.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, guys I hate to say it but I'm done with the GNex. I use the phone for work and got tired of.dropping data EVERYWHERE. 4G was a pipe dream, let alone solid 3g. Sadly, this.is the phone I decided to try out as my first Android experience coming from an iPhone. Being fed up with iTunes I jumped ship, I figured Google's flagship phone was the one to try. I was sadly mistaken. I didn't have the huge amounts of problems that some of you had, but even after flashing 4.0.4 I had terrible signal. I, like many got tires of waiting for an update. When I went to the Verizon store to get a full size sim, the guy said a LOT of people have been leaving the nexus.

Now that I'm on the rezound I couldn't be happier! I flashed ICS to the phone and use Nova launcher to mimic the look and feel of my GNex. However, this thing is in 4G EVERYWHERE! I also have incredible battery life, but that's to be expected with a smaller LCD screen. All in all I'm happy, and I still have my GNex. So if push comes to shove, when the update FINALLY comes out, if things seem to be going smoothly I may give it another shot.

2 things you won't like is the poor developer support and the fact that you have to take a wire and short out pins to get s-off.

Maybe alot of ppl are leaving but not me. Totally satisfied.

One other thing is the rezound forum just crawls along, here it flys. :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
2 things you won't like is the poor developer support and the fact that you have to take a wire and short out pins to get s-off.

Really? Holy crap.

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

That is nuts

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Haha my sister has a rezound while it's fine for her (cause she's not techy,)
I know that's not the phone for me but at least you keep your GN

Not sent by you

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
lol good question. Well, there goes me ever considering even looking at a Rezound lol.

It is a really easy thing to do when you watch the video. I wouldn't let that stop you from going to a Rezound. What should stop you is that the GNEX is by far the better and more exciting phone.

The wife has a Rezound and I would never think of leaving the GNEX for it. Feels like a downgrade by far even though the specs don't say so.

If I was going to jump ship, I would at least wait till the SGS3. That is the only phone that would make me feel like I am staying equal to the GNEX. Having said that, my GNEX ain't going anywhere!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It is a really easy thing to do when you watch the video. I wouldn't let that stop you from going to a Rezound. What should stop you is that the GNEX is by far the better and more exciting phone.

The wife has a Rezound and I would never think of leaving the GNEX for it. Feels like a downgrade by far even though the specs don't say so.

If I was going to jump ship, I would at least wait till the SGS3. That is the only phone that would make me feel like I am staying equal to the GNEX. Having said that, my GNEX ain't going anywhere!

Touche sir, touche.

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
From GNEX to the Rezound 0_o? I came from the Bolt so I knew about LTE which is why I root in the first place. I use my phone for work too which is why I wanted this phone which I may add is amazing. Good luck but you should have waited since new phones will be out shortly.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The Rezound is the far superior phone, enjoy. And the dev community is great. I'm a bonafide Sense hater, but Sense 4.0 is pretty cool. And AOSP should be dropping soon if ProTekk gets his panties unbunched.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Which is just YOUR opinion.

Yup, I'm on Tapatalk2 :)

I don't think there's any question the Rezound hardware is better. Better screen, better camera (much, much better camera), better radios, processor is a tossup, same RAM. Build quality is meh, but it's fine. It's adequate.

I think the only point of contention is software. That's personal preference/comfort rooting and ROMing.

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy the rezound. I was looking at the Gnex and the thing that made me go with the rezound was the price they had at the time. The rezound when it came out was atually the best phone on the market by a lot. It shows in that currently against the razz and Gnex it is still a great phone. I just hope that when the new phones come out we see some major upgrades to the current lineup of phones for Verizon.

Competition is great and even though the razz and gnex are not my cup of tea I like having the options between different phones and builds with different strengths and weaknesses. Thats why I do not want an ilemming.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuclei