hot phone high batter consumption

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Iv had my g nex for a while and iv had only one real issue(media server stopping) with it until now.

I noticed it last week and its been happening more frequently. my phone will start to get really hot to the touch (battery widget showing 45+C at times) then the battery drains noticeably. I have the extended battery that normally lasts me 12-18 hours. when this happens Im having to charge it after 8 hours. I haven't added anything or changed any settings at all (besides any app updates) no noticeable cpu hogging apps that I can see.

sometimes it will seem to lock up when it gets too hot and restarts on its own. I think that might be one of the safeties to keep it for over heating but I still dont know why its doing it.

any ideas?

thanks

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
yeah I got mine Jan.12 because of a shipping error :p

I also should add Im stock running 4.0.2

If 4.0.4 comes out and fixes this id be ok with that

McSlappy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
If you use Skype this will happen. As far as I can tell it is trying to maintain a connection to several Supernodes and this low amount but near constant traffic on a LTE radio will generate a lot of heat and drain the battery.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
My previous Nexus ran pretty hot, especially on 4G and during phone calls. Almost felt a little uncomfortable to the ear when talking. The replacement (replaced due to a dead pixel) runs much cooler and has not gotten warm enough for me to notice.

The battery seems to last much longer as well, although I don't know if it's attributable to the heat. I can now easily go a whole day on the Samsung extended battery. With moderate to heavy use, the battery is usually around 30% when I plug it in at night.

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
the back of my phone gets really hot when I'm doing a lot of watching video, 4g surfing,etc. I don't care because it's not held to my ear and it hasn't caused any problems.like shut-down...yet

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbeve