Hot Spot issues with phone

stevenfstein

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the March update I'm having difficulty keeping my phone set up as a hot spot - keeps dropping. Most times I'm in a 5g signal area and I'm getting about 100 or so on speed test. i turn on hot spot and try and connect to my IPAD, hot spot drops. Sometimes the hotspot stays on but I get a "no internet" connection. Most times I reboot and that seems to help but not sure why this is happening. Suggestions???

Best... Steve

mutant777

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I've had the occasional issue where the phone (P6P), will say something like "No devices to connect to," then turn off hotspot. I sometimes have to try 2 or 3 times, then it would connect, and stay connected. One thing different than my previous phones, is when I turn on hotspot, I notice wifi does not automatically turn off.... Not sure if that affects anything....

mutant777

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I just tried connecting my laptop to my P6P hotspot, with the wifi on the P6P turned on. Seems to be sharing my home wifi as a hotspot. When I turn the phone wifi off, The phone shows 5G connected. I then check speed test on my laptop, and the speeds are significantly higher. Wifi speed ~30 mbps download, with 5G, around 100 mbps download. In both cases, the hotspot stayed on, and my laptop was able to connect, no issues.

sta18ff

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Yes... almost every morning. I get to work and sometimes try 2-3 times, then restart phone...or just restart it as soon as I get to work and then try it. Still takes a few tries some days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie