How can I backup data and apps of my Samsung Galaxy S20?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Samsung Galaxy S7 stopped working. A bad way to find out that it is NOT possible to transfer data to the new phone. Options like Samsung Cloud and Find my Phone can only be of use, when the phone is connected to a network. Well, that's not going to happen anymore.

I have tried using a cable from phone to laptop, but even then, you must be able to unlock your phone. And even then, my Windows laptop does not understand Android apps en data. Luckily my photos were stored on my sd micro card, so at least I could save that.

To make sure I won't have this problem in de future: what is the solution to backup my apps and data, so I can access them if my phone gets broken or stolen, e.g. is not connected to a network anymore?

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Samsung Smart Switch which has been available for many years is what a lot of Samsung users use to back up their devices offline. A Google account should restore your apps and certain data such as photos, SMS messages, contacts etc. Didn't you set up your Google account to back up anything??

What happened to your S7?

To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others reply please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Smart switch on pc is a way to back up , also Samsung doing away with Samsung cloud so one drive be another as its cloud storage and Google drive /photos is another .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87