How can I check if my S7 is new or refurbished without voiding my warranty?

Andrew RK

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
Just got my S7 in the mail I want to check to make sure it is new and not refurbished. I've tried dialing ##786 # and *#*#786 #*#* but neither of those codes do anything. I also found out that there's a program called Phone INFO Samsung that can check if a phone is refurbished, but I've heard that doing that will void my warranty, and I don't want to void the warranty for a phone I just bought. So is there any way I can verify that my phone is not refurbished while still keeping my warranty?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Samsung repair has the date a given phone (by IMEI - *#06#) was first activated. If you call them and ask nicely, they may tell you.

Andrew RK

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
Been using this phone for a few days and it seems to be working pretty well. I play a game called Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius, and on my old phone it ran slow and consumed over half my battery in one hour. On this phone it runs much faster and only uses 14% battery per hour with default settings. No problems with the Oreo update so far. Called Samsung today and they said my phone was manufactured February 2018.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar