How can I delete saved WiFi networks on a HTC One (M8)?

A

AC Question

How can I delete saved WiFi netowrks on a HTC One (M8)?

Hey guys,

I am having a problem getting rid of saved WiFi networks. I have an HTC One (M8) and have been traveling for the last few months; therefore, I have connected to many different WiFi networks. However, I cannot seem to deleted the saved networks and now whenever I turn WiFi on it takes a very long time to start up because it is trying to connect to all of the saved networks. I have gone into settings, gone to WiFi, clicked on saved networks, and clicked on everyone and hit forget. However, whenever I turn the WiFi off and then back on again, all of the saved networks are still there. It was bothering me so much that I called Verizon and they told me to do a hard reset and that would get rid of all of them. I just finished with the hard reset and all of the networks are still there. I feel like they are being backed up somewhere else where I need to delete them from.

If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much!
Jack

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: How can I delete saved WiFi netowrks on a HTC One (M8)?

Are you using an SD card by any chance?

Also, have you tried a Cache Partition wipe in addition to the Reset?

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: How can I delete saved WiFi netowrks on a HTC One (M8)?

Do you have your data backed up through Google? It includes your wifi passwords, so I would guess it is automatically restoring them from the backup when you turn wifi on. And the fact that it is doing that means it takes even longer to access the network list.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgibbs83