How can I do HDMI out with a Dragon Touch A1X tablet?

True Colors

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Help!! Trying to do HDMI out with a Dragon Touch A1X tablet

Hello. I have a Dragon Touch A1X tablet with the 4.4 Android OS.

This tablet has a mini HDMI port on it. I would like to use an HDMI cable to connect this tablet to my high def television. I want to be able to play video files on my tablet and watch these on my TV.

The main video player that I use is MX player pro. It works great. However, as best I can tell, there is no way for this product to push video through HDMI cable to my TV.

Does anyone know if it is possible to accomplish this? Of course, I would be glad to use a different video player if that would do the trick.

Thanks!

TC

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help!! Trying to do HDMI out with a Dragon Touch A1X tablet

Welcome to Android Central! Usually, a microHDMI port means you can mirror the screen to a TV via an HDMI cable--there's no selective displaying of apps. So when you connect the tablet to your HDTV via HDMI, does the screen show up on the TV, and does it mirror everything you do? If so, you can just use MX Player on the tablet, and it should also show on the TV. If nothing is showing up on the TV, then there might be a problem with the tablet's output.

True Colors

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

When I connected the micro SD cable from the tablet to my TV it did not output the video. If it did, then I would not have ever started this post in the first place :)

Since that did not work, I found an app to try -- "second screen." It is supposed to clone the video and audio from the tablet to the TV. However, when I open this up, it says "unable to obtain super user permissions."

So I guess what this all comes down to, is if I cannot find a video player app which is capable of HDMI out, then I will need to root this tablet in order to support the second screen app.

Can someone here please point me in the right direction.

TC

mtsega

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site

Hi, I am on my second dragon touch, this new one has the same menus and everything but no settings for the hdmi output. Any Ideas?
Dragon Touch x10 android 5.1.1. Port is there, no settings in display menu, why? Anything I can do?

andy1979rm

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi- I just bought the same tablet, but haven't had a chance to try out this function. I'll mess with it tonight.
Have you tried switching your TV to the correct source? (HDMI1, HDMI2, etc)

mtsega

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
yes, it is on the correct source. We can use the first dragon touch and it works perfectly. In the menu there are hdmi settings, on the second dragon touch it does not output, the tv says invalid input and there are no hdmi settings in its menu.

andy1979rm

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
found a video. says to go to settings, display, HDMI full screen mode (check mark this), HDMI output mode. If your TV cannot do 1080P, switch the output mode to 720P.
Please let me know if this works. I haven't tried it yet, but will tonight. It would suck if we can't connect to TV.

mtsega

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
That is the trouble. Under display there is nothing that will direct me to anything to do with hdmi. It is android 5.1.1. The tv sees 1080 i and p. On the first dragon touch there is a hdmi choice under the display, This new one is supposed to have that but does not. It has the port but no way to adjust the settings or even set it to auto detect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad