How can I fix android.process.media has stopped?

A

AC Question

android.process.media has stopped

i have tried everything all the steps mentioned above. Even i formatted the phone and hardware rested too. Than too the same error of unfortunatelly the android.process.media has stopped is occurring. Please help Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: android.process.media has stopped

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? When does this error occur? Do you have any media (e.g., music files) on a microSD card? If so, the card might be corrupt.

ljmattox

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site

I just updated my AT&T LG G4 over lunch today.

I now get this android.process.media has stopped every 15-20 seconds or so after I clear it with ok.

Past threads have suspected a corrupt SD card; I powered off, removed the SD, restarted, no difference.

sonic63

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

This has happened to me before all I did was just root my device and get rid of unnecessary bloatware and then it never popped up again until factory reset

Sonic63

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I just updated my AT&T LG G4 over lunch today.

I now get this android.process.media has stopped every 15-20 seconds or so after I clear it with ok.

Past threads have suspected a corrupt SD card; I powered off, removed the SD, restarted, no difference.

I'm assuming you're the OP, and have now registered (thanks!).

Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open Gallery, wait a few seconds for the database to rebuild, and see if the error persists.

If it keeps happening, then you might have to clear out all of the media files on your device (photos, videos, music). Connect it to your computer via USB and use Windows Explorer to drag and drop all of those files to your computer hard drive (which you should be doing on a regular basis anyway as a means of backup, if those files are important to you). Now delete all of the files on the phone, and see if the problem persists. If the problem goes away, then one of those files is probably corrupt. It might be tricky to narrow down which file is the corrupt one, though.

Jafrar

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

i have tried everything all the steps mentioned above. Even i formatted the phone and hardware rested too. Than too the same error of unfortunatelly the android.process.media has stopped is occurring. Please help Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
💀Milk😈Equivalent💀