How can I fix this network problem?

Ewan Garner

Mar 24, 2022
Visit site
I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and it had previously been locked to KT, a South Korean Telecom Company. I have inserted my sim and it is obvious there is an internet connection but none of my apps can access the connection(They keep saying There is no Internet connection). Whatsapp is the only app that works right now.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
If this Galaxy S7 Edge is a carrier-locked model and you're trying to switch to a different carrier using that carrier's SIM card, did you go through the process of having KT unlock it?

Ewan Garner

Mar 24, 2022
Visit site
If this Galaxy S7 Edge is a carrier-locked model and you're trying to switch to a different carrier using that carrier's SIM card, did you go through the process of having KT unlock it?

It is supposed to be unlocked... Calls, Messages and Whatsapp work well but other apps don't have internet. The browser returns DNS failed for any query

]
The Device is currently no longer in South Korea. It might be difficult to request an Unlock now

Welcome to AC!
Is this a work device?

No, It is not a work device.

What country are you in and which carrier do you have?

It was originally locked to KT, A south Korean telecom provider.
Now, I am trying to use an MTN Nigeria SIM on it.
Calls, Messages and Whatsapp work and sometimes, I get notifications for other apps like Telegram and Snapchat. The Browser doesn't work at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It is supposed to be unlocked... Calls, Messages and Whatsapp work well but other apps don't have internet. The browser returns DNS failed for any query

]
The Device is currently no longer in South Korea. It might be difficult to request an Unlock now

Calls, Messages and Whatsapp work and sometimes, I get notifications for other apps like Telegram and Snapchat. The Browser doesn't work at all.
Which browser you using ? Chrome or Samsung

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

]

Welcome to the forums. Just in case, search in the web for the right APN settings for your carrier and add them manually in the phone settings.

Ewan Garner

Mar 24, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Just in case, search on the web for the right APN settings for your carrier and add them manually in the phone settings.

I have done this and it wasn't fixed. And it is not like there is no internet at all. Whatsapp works well and there might be notifications from the other apps from time to time but browsers always return errors like DNS Failed and stuff like that.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have done this and it wasn't fixed. And it is not like there is no internet at all. Whatsapp works well and there might be notifications from the other apps from time to time but browsers always return errors like DNS Failed and stuff like that.
Ugh. This is a second hand phone, right? It's very likely that it wasn't completely unlocked from their original carrier. Sorry, I guess there's no much you can do about that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463