How can I get my LG G4 to retrieve Windows Live calendar events?

A

AC Question

I have a windows 8.1 laptop and I am currently using the native modern calendar app with my windows live account. I just bought a LG G4 and I can't figure out how to get it to display events created on my laptop. How would I get my G4 to pull in the events from my windows calendar?

Thanks!

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
You should just be able to add that email to your accounts in the main settings. This should give you the option to sync your calendar. Also you can download the outlook app which I believe has a calendar within the app.

Carl_L

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I had the same dilemma as I used to be pretty much reliant on the MS ecosystem (& used a Windows Phone). I never liked the idea of the Outlook app as it caches your userid & password on some remote server, just waiting for a schoolboy to hack it.

I was hesitant at first but I exported my Windows Live calendar & contacts to Google. I now use Google calendar on both my laptop & phone & have not looked back - I think Google calendar has a slight edge.

Might be worth a try for you as this option leaves your Windows Live calendar intact (save for any new entries you make post export) so you can always revert if you don't like it. Exporting/importing is an absolute breeze, so you don't have much to lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycowboyway