How can I get rid of SmartThings?

Billyjb

Sep 30, 2018
Visit site
Earlier I was browsing through my gallery and I was curious about an icon so I clicked on it and suddenly the image I was viewing automatically connected to my TV for everyone to see.

I've done all I can think of to disable it, I've uninstalled it, gone through the settings etc but when I go back into gallery the icon still appears when I click on a photo. I've even disconnected my TV but It still stays connected.

Is there a way I can permanently disable It? I'm worrying that my photos will randomly appear on the downstairs TV if I accidentally click on the icon.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.

Edit: I think it may be called Smart View, or that could be a different app all together I have no idea 🙄

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a Samsung Smart TV? Then turn off mirroring or Smart View - either of those will mirror to the TV.

Do you have Chromecast or any other phone adapter on your TV? Then turn off the app that connects to it.

Billyjb

Sep 30, 2018
Visit site
Do you have a Samsung Smart TV? Then turn off mirroring or Smart View - either of those will mirror to the TV.

Do you have Chromecast or any other phone adapter on your TV? Then turn off the app that connects to it.

I don't have a Samsung Tv, but I've been all through the TV settings itself and the only connection settings I've found are the Wi-Fi it's connected to. I have no other at TV apps either.

For some reason I can't seem to get rid of the icon on my photos which is the Smart View icon. I'm guessing it's just a feature I can't disable?