How can i have a plain-black wallpaper for Home screen?

androidmatcha

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to have a simple, black wallpaper for my home screen. (In part, to save on battery power.)

It seems that I'm forced with using images/photos. How can I choose a one-color wallpaper?

androidmatcha

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Sergiusz,
thanks for replying. I made a one-pixel black PNG, but my Tab said it's too small. So what's the smallest that my Tab will accept?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
make a black image in Paint or whatever. I don't think size matters because your phone will scale it to fit, but it will have to be larger then one pixel. As far as I know the only difference would be how much room it takes on your phone - and a solid black image won't take a lot of memory. A bright-colored, highly detailed photo will take more room then just a solid black image.

And if you want a true black, make it yourself (as you already attempted) rather then trying to take a photo of black - you'll wind up with a dark gray image instead (believe me I tried on my Galaxy S4).

androidmatcha

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
dancing-bass, thanks. as you advised, i created my own black image.

I did a 500px square black. it was only 2 KB. Now my wallpaper is black. :)

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I covered the camera lens over and took a Black picture. Than on the home screen long press, set wallpaper, and choose that pic

JMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnS21