How can I increase the speed of wifi downloads?

A

AC Question

Slow Wifi Download

My Note 3 (Android V. 5.0) is suffering from significant download issues. It'll take anywhere between 5-7 hours to down load .5gb on a 20mb down connection. A partners galaxy 5 (same OS) downloaded the same application in 5 minutes. Factory restored device, and it is now having the same problems in the same day

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Slow Wifi Download

My Note 3 (Android V. 5.0) is suffering from significant download issues. It'll take anywhere between 5-7 hours to down load .5gb on a 20mb down connection. A partners galaxy 5 (same OS) downloaded the same application in 5 minutes. Factory restored device, and it is now having the same problems in the same day
Have you tried resetting the WiFi router? Also, do you experience this problem on any other wireless network?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Slow Wifi Download

Make sure the router isn't using TKIP encryption. The Note 3 (among other phones) crawls slower than dial-up with TKIP or TKIP+AES. Even on AES, it crawls on some Linksys routers (and they don't seem to care - I called and they considered it a problem with the phone - which works very nicely with a cheap Netgear WNR2000).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemal