How can I make custome ROMS of my own?

SweetBearCub

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
While I appreciate the efforts of people making custom ROMs for this phone, I would like to learn how to make my own, so that it has all of my preferences baked in, and not someone elses.

I'm mostly familiar with how to use a "kitchen" to build a ROM for a Windows Mobile device, but I have very little Android (or UNIX) knowledge yet. Can someone please point me towards whatever info I might need to start?

Franzferdinan51

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
i have intrest in this as well if someone chould post a link to Kitchen for android (atleast i heard their is one) but more or less i OP i think that google will be ur best friend

blaqbird

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in this as well. There aren't too many ROM's for the V since it's fairly new and I'm already interested in all facets of Android development.

SweetBearCub

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
THIS is what I use. You need to setup a cygwin environment and be comfortable with the commandline, but it's by far the best in my opinion. Digging through the thread will give you some idea how to get started.

Thanks so much for that. It's a lot of reading, and it involves quite a bit of new stuff for me (though thankfully the kitchen concept is familiar!), I'll try my hand at it over the weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simone_T1974