How can I turn off blingy lights for some notifications?

captnpenguin

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm new to android and Samsung and I like the idea of the blinking light but I don't want it to blink for things like email that I'm getting constantly. I just want it for text and maybe missed calls but all it seems you can do is just enable or disable LED for all notifications. I tried turning off the notifications for Gmail but then I don't even get the little ion telling me I have an email. Is there a way to pick and choose my LED without adding another freaking app?

Tim Caldwell

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Notifications for the various APPS are controlled in the Settings for EACH App .. Have you tried starting there? The other option - if you wish to Turn OFF notification altogether for specific Apps - you go into Settings / Applications / Application Manager .. the select each APP and turn OFF the Notification.

captnpenguin

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Notifications for the various APPS are controlled in the Settings for EACH App .. Have you tried starting there? The other option - if you wish to Turn OFF notification altogether for specific Apps - you go into Settings / Applications / Application Manager .. the select each APP and turn OFF the Notification.
I tried that approach and the problem is if you turn off notifications in the app then you don't even get the little white icons in the upper left of screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796