How can i unlock my icon 3 phone without factory reset if i forgot my pin

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

How can i unlock my icon 3 phone without factory reset if i forgot my pin n I'm locked out of my Google account

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
How can i unlock my icon 3 phone without factory reset if i forgot my pin n I'm locked out of my Google account

Basically you've got two separate problems that may or may not be inter-related. One is you forgot your PIN number to your phone's lock screen and the other is you're locked out of your Google account. They are two completely different problems as long as you have a PIN that's different than your Google account password, or they are indirectly the same if your phone's PIN is the exact same thing as your Google account password (Which you really, really, really should NOT do. After this all gets settled be sure to reset either you PIN and/or password so they are different and unique from each other. Using the same thing is bad from both a security and a privacy aspect.)..

Anyway, the point being your phone's lock screen is directly tied to your phone, not your online Google account. Also, your Google account is stored and maintained online not your phone. And your phone only accesses it remotely (and only when it has online connectivity), with the added issue being you can use a service like Google's Find My Device to remotely wipe your phone but you can't just alter the existing lock screen settings. Just to confirm, this is your phone isn't it?

So you still need to address both problems at some point. Note that the lock screen on your phone isn't easily 'hackable'. It's a security feature and needs to be that way, otherwise it wouldn't be necessary to begin with. When it involves bypassing FRP, you're probably just better off re-flashing your phone with an appropriate stock ROM. This reloads the installed Android operating system with a clean version, and you should then have the phone back to working condition. Restoring your user account is most likely going to be a daunting project. Are you sure you cannot recall your PIN?
As for regaining control of your Google account, that's not going to be easy either, and could take a while. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions to prove your status -- identity theft is a serious issue and the reviewing staff at Google won't just casually approve your account recovery request.
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/7682439?hl=en

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995