How do I change my map directions from VZ maps back to Google maps on the LG G3?

byrnhart

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
How do I change my map directions from vz maps back to google maps on the LG G3

Next to a contact's address, I clicked on the map icon an accidentally hit vz maps instead of google maps. Now I can't change it. Help please

Last edited:

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do I change my map directions from vz maps back to google maps on the LG G3

From your phone's settings you should be able to, find the Application Manager, locate and clicky the VZ Maps/Navigator app, then click on Clear Defaults. That should clear the VZ Maps being the default application.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I change my map directions from vz maps back to google maps on the LG G3

If the icon is on the homescreen, just delete it, then drag the Maps icon from the app drawer to the homescreen.

If you're talking about an icon in the app drawer, there should be one for VZ Maps (in the Vs) and one for Maps (in the Ms). Pressing the Maps icon should bring up Google Maps. (If pressing the Maps icon in the app drawer brings up VZ Maps, something went wrong in the name and icon, and you'll need more help.)

Clearing the default matters when you do something other than directly running an app that requires an app to run. IOW, if you have a map, and pressing its icon runs the default map app, changing the default map app will change what running the map itself runs. But running VZ Maps or Maps will run that app, not another one. The default doesn't matter in that case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463