How do I Copy My SMS from Windows 10 Mobile to Android

A

AC Question

I recently moved to Android from Windows Mobile 10. The Setup & Transfer tool provided by AT&T does not transfer SMS messages, at least not from my Lumia 950. My new phone, LG G6 is great.
Is anyone aware of how I can copy my SMS messages from my Lumia 950 to my new LG G6? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Any of the SMS back up and restore programs should work for you as long as there is both a windows version and an android version.
Take a look at "sms backup and restore" by Carbonite, assuming there is a windows version of it.

Run the sms backup on the windows phone.
copy the output file to your computer.
copy the file to your android phone.
Run the sms restore on the android phone.

sperry1625

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
That is part of the problem, there is no Windows version of a backup program. The only one I hear mention of is SMS Exporter but it is not in the Windows Store. I found a link to it but it is a CAB file and I have no idea how to install it on my Windows phone. I looked at the Carbonite site and they state they can restore SMS messages from a backup made with the SMS Exporter tool but no info on how to get the tool installed.
Thoughts?

SL2

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but I guess it could be useful to others.

I moved from a Lumia 950 to S8+ by doing this, it worked great.

1 - On the Windows 10 Mobile phone, use the Contacts + Messages app to make a backup, it's located in Settings >>> Extras, not in the app list.
Use the [...] button in the lower right corner to select destination. You DO NOT need an SD card.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...-message-backup%2F9nblgggz57gm&token=PNdLl05D

2 - Copy the files to your Android phone using a USB drive, cable, or network.

3 - Use this app to import all SMS.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...kup.leonardocezary.smsimporter&token=IjfsSLP0

4 - Follow this guide for how to import contacts.
Import your vCard Files to a New Phone - Android - Apps General Discussion