How do I delete Presets on the Samsung Clock App

IndyMike

Mar 9, 2023
Visit site
When setting a timer on the Samsung Clock app, you can edit the timer to give it a title and optionally make it a Preset. I have several Presets now and can't find a way to delete them from the list.
I've tried holding down on the Preset icon. I've tried scrolling it up or down. (Left and Right just scrolls through the list). I've tried going into Settings and searching for specific reference to presets. I went into Storage for the app and cleared the Cache. None of this has worked.
Lastly, I went into the Storage and cleared all data. This did clear the Presets, but also all the alarms. Overly destructive in my opinion.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I just checked on my Samsung. I use the Samsung clock all the time.

Holding down on the presets, a checkmark circle appears on all the presets with a check already filled in on the one I was holding down on. Along the bottom, two icons show up - the pencil "edit" icon and trashcan "delete" icon.

This is on an S20 FE with Android 13 (One UI 5.1).

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

IndyMike

Mar 9, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm on a Galaxy S22, also on ver 13. The Clock app version is 12.2.07.0.Android Clock presets sm.jpg
The included image is what I see when I add a timer. Holding down on any of the presets rewards me with a soft "thump" from the phone, but no editing icons.
If I hold down on a running, named timer, I have the option to edit, pause or delete it. Deleting is the same as canceling it. The preset is still there.

IndyMike

Mar 9, 2023
Visit site
When setting a timer on the Samsung Clock app, you can edit the timer to give it a title and optionally make it a Preset. I have several Presets now and can't find a way to delete them from the list.
I figured it out. You have to start with all the timers finished. Then you click on the 3 dots in the upper right of the screen, select Edit Presets, select the Preset(s) you want to delete, then click the Delete icon.
The problem for me was that the option wasn't available when any timers were still running.

Attachments

• Delete Preset solution.jpg
    Delete Preset solution.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: BerryBubbles

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I figured it out. You have to start with all the timers finished. Then you click on the 3 dots in the upper right of the screen, select Edit Presets, select the Preset(s) you want to delete, then click the Delete icon.
The problem for me was that the option wasn't available when any timers were still running.
Interesting clearing data and force stoping the alarm app should of done that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs