How do I do a software update on a Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown without wifi?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

How can I do a software update on a Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown without wifi?

I've looked through the settings and I can't find anything that simply allows me to download without wifi. Is there something I'm just reading over or is it supposed to prompt me with something, etc.?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: How can I do a software update on a Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown without wifi?

I've looked through the settings and I can't find anything that simply allows me to download without wifi. Is there something I'm just reading over or is it supposed to prompt me with something, etc.?
Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

lvlReaper

Aug 2, 2019
Visit site

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually, just "forgetting" that particular connection, then setting it up again, will do the same thing, without deleting any other connections that have been set up. (Many routers use the same name [SSID], so it it was set up on another router with that name, it wouldn't connect unless the connection is forgotten and re-entered. Of course, if you use a few WiFi signals with the same name but different security or password, you have a problem. People should always change the default SSID of their router.)

lvlReaper

Aug 2, 2019
Visit site
Actually, just "forgetting" that particular connection, then setting it up again, will do the same thing, without deleting any other connections that have been set up. (Many routers use the same name [SSID], so it it was set up on another router with that name, it wouldn't connect unless the connection is forgotten and re-entered. Of course, if you use a few WiFi signals with the same name but different security or password, you have a problem. People should always change the default SSID of their router.)

Nah, I'm trying to update without wifi. We don't have wifi at the moment, but I'll be visiting a friend of mine so I can just update it there I guess