How do I get Gmail push?

JFeisty

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello all,

My wife got an Eris a few days after launch. The Verizon guy there linked the phone to her Gmail account, but I noticed that it isn't push/instant. It polls just like her Yahoo email account that we set up. I hear people talking about how their Gmail is push. Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as making it push?

Thanks,
Justin

JFeisty

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
So do I have to "un-sync" the phone with the gmail account that it's tied to? The gmail account we want to be pushed is the one tied to the account.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
So do I have to "un-sync" the phone with the gmail account that it's tied to? The gmail account we want to be pushed is the one tied to the account.

When you click on your mail account does it say email or gmail? If it is the gmail icon your mail is set up correctly. It should be pushing.

JFeisty

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. My wife isn't home right now, so I don't have access to her phone, but I definitely know it's not pushing. It was set up to poll every 15 minutes. I changed it to 5 the other day, so it's not quite as delayed.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. My wife isn't home right now, so I don't have access to her phone, but I definitely know it's not pushing. It was set up to poll every 15 minutes. I changed it to 5 the other day, so it's not quite as delayed.

Sounds like it's set up using the regular email app. You want the Gmail app.

JFeisty

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Just delete it out of the other mail app and simply add your account to the gmail app.
Finally got a hold of my wife's phone again for a few minutes. The Gmail account tied to her phone shows up in both the mail app AND the gmail app. I'm guessing since it's in the regular mail app that it is interfering with the gmail app's ability to do real-time push??

I was just about to remove the account from the regular mail app when she stopped me from doing it....just in case it deleted something from her phone. (she's paranoid from the problems she had recently with her Storm) Anywho, she rarely actually uses that gmail account so not having it push isn't a big deal to her. I appreciate all the help though!

-Justin

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao